Community Service

Our charity efforts raise approximately $250K per year in a number of different ways for a number of different charities throughout the year.  The Gulf Coast Divisions support numerous local charities as opposed to supporting one charity across the BU.

Some of the support we provide is as follows:

  • United Way

The work of United Way is fueled by the passion of 2.9 million volunteers and 10.3 million donors who give their time, their money and their voice to improve the lives of others.

Every day, their volunteers, donors and advocates are making a lasting difference in so many ways. That can mean helping a child learn to read, donating money to make sure people have access to quality medical care, speaking out in support of policies that provide training for in-demand jobs and so much more.

United Way focuses on educationfinancial stability and health, the building blocks for a good life and a strong community.  

  • “Susan G Komen” – Circle K has participated in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure for the past several years.
  • New Orleans/Baton Rouge – Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Walk Event
  • Memphis – St. Jude – Pin-Up Program, Walk/Run Event, Dream House Giveaway
  • Baton Rouge – UCP, Dream Teacher and Boys & Girls Club events
  • Pensacola – UCP 5K Walk/Run and Canisters, MDA Pin-Up Program
  • Northern LA – LSU Breast Cancer Awareness Canisters and March of Dimes Pin-Up Program

The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Series, the largest series of 5K runs/fitness walks in the world, raises significant funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. Since its inception in 1983, the Komen Race for the Cure series has grown from one local Race with 800 participants to a global series of more than 120 Races with more than 1 million people.

The Komen Race for the Cure is a unique event, designed and implemented to promote positive awareness, education and early detection of breast cancer.  It has proved to be an enormously effective way to reach many women and men with the message that breast cancer is not necessarily fatal if mammography and breast self-exam become routine. As well as being a road race for runners, the Komen Race for the Cure is an emotionally charged event that attracts many first timers and recreational runners.

The Komen Race for the Cure is an opportunity for thousands of women, men and their families, running or walking, to spread the breast cancer message within their communities. Up to 75 percent of funds raised at the Race remain with the Komen Baton Rouge Affiliate to provide diagnostics, screening, treatment, services and education for uninsured or underinsured women.  The remaining 25 percent goes to fund national research to discover the causes of breast cancer and, ultimately, its cures.